QNUK Level 3 Certificate for
Close Protection Operatives (International) (RQF)
Qualification number: 603/7564/4
Guided learning hours: 143 hours
Total Qualification time: 170 hours
Credit value: 17
Who is this for?
This qualification is intended for learners who work or want to work as Close Protection Operators internationally in the Private Security Sector and are required to demonstrate competencies commensurate to UK standards.
Please note that this qualification is not recognised by the UK Security Industry Authority as a licence linked qualification leading towards gaining a UK licence to practice.
This qualification is aimed at learners 21 years and over who are able to undertake the responsibilities of a Close Protection Operative.
Due to the nature of the role of a Close Protection Operative, in the course of their work it is likely they will be required to make calls to the emergency services or need to communicate to resolve conflict. It is therefore essential that Close Protection Operatives are able to communicate effectively.
All assessment must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh as appropriate. Centres must ensure that learners have sufficient language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
As a guide, learners should as a minimum have language skills equivalent to the following:
- a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1.
Learners should be able to work at level 2 and above, in addition must be able to meet the training provider set health and physical requirements for the Close Protection practical elements of units 1 and 2 (please discuss with your training provider prior to commencement on this qualification)
Progression route: Learners may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Rescue Trauma and Casualty Care (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award for the First Person on Scene (International) (RQF)
Find a centre: To find a centre that offers this qualification in your area, please contact us
More: for more information about this qualification, download the Qualification Specification
Looking to deliver this qualification?
QNUK Centres click here to extend your recognition
Not yet a QNUK centre? Click here to become a centre