QNUK Level 2 Award for
Close Protection Operatives in the Private Security Industry (Top Up) (RQF)
Qualifications Network is an Awarding Organisation with SIA approval to offer licence linked qualifications
Qualification number: 610/1204/X
Guided learning hours: 45 hours
Total Qualification time: 53 hours
Credit value: 5
Who is this for?
This qualification is intended for learners who work as Close Protection Operators in the Private Security Industry, already hold an SIA Close Protection Licence but need to renew. This qualification is a mandatory requirement for re-licensing with the SIA.
This qualification is aimed at learners 18 years and over who are able to undertake the responsibilities of a Close Protection Operative.
Due to the nature of the role of a Close Protection Operative, in the course of their work it is likely they will be required to make calls to the emergency services or need to communicate to resolve conflict. It is therefore essential that Close Protection Operatives are able to communicate effectively.
All assessment must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh as appropriate. Centres must ensure that learners have sufficient language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
As a guide, learners should as a minimum have language skills equivalent to the following:
- a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1.
Learners should be able to work at level 2 and above, in addition must be able to meet the training provider set health and physical requirements for the Close Protection practical elements of the course (please discuss with your training provider prior to commencement on this qualification)
Learners will also need to hold a minimum of a First Aid at Work (3 day) qualification which has no less than 12 months validity prior to the start date of their Close Protection course. Pre-hospital qualifications are not necessary but are encouraged. All certificates must be provided to the training provider as evidence supporting the pre-requisite requirements of this qualification.
Progression route: Learners may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Understanding Security Management (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award for the First Person on Scene (International) (RQF)
Successful learners may also progress to applying for an SIA frontline licence.
Find a centre: To find a centre that offers this qualification in your area, please contact us
More: for more information about this qualification, download the Qualification Specification
Looking to deliver this qualification?
QNUK Centres click here to extend your recognition
Not yet a QNUK centre? Click here to become a centre