This Policy covers the data collected and processed by Qualifications Network Limited (QNUK) who can be contacted at:
First Floor Offices
86 (A) Lancaster Road
Tel: 020 3795 0559
The GDPR relates to ‘personal data’ which covers any information which makes an individual (the Data Subject) identifiable.
Purpose of and Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
QNUK will only process personal data for the purposes of delivering the services contracted by our Centres and Learners, unless we are provided with specific consent to process for other purposes, such as marketing, or the purpose of complying with local laws or regulations. Personal data will never be processed without the knowledge and/or permission of the Data Subject.
QNUK is Recognised by the following Government Regulatory Bodies for the purposes of providing Regulated qualifications:
- The Office for Qualifications and Examinations in England (Ofqual) – https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ofqual/about
- Qualifications Wales – http://www.qualificationswales.org/english/about-us/introduction/who-we-are/
- Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessments in Northern Ireland (CCEA) – http://ccea.org.uk/about_us/what_we_do/our_remit
The above regulatory bodies are given their powers by Acts of Parliament, meaning that the regulations they enforce are backed by UK Law. QNUK therefore has a Legal Obligation to process certain Personal Data necessary to ensure compliance with those regulations. Links to the relevant website pages for each of the Regulators have been provided above where you can find all of the information on the role of each regulator and the legislation under which the each gain their powers.
By using our services, including accessing our website and the forms, etc. therein, you give your agreement to our processing any personal data we may have as described in this policy.
Types of Personal Data Processed
We collect data in a number of ways including, but not necessarily limited to:
- As part of a Contract for Services, i.e. names and contact information of individuals, including where they are acting on behalf of a Centre
- Provided to us by Centres in order that we can provide the regulated qualifications required by the Learners
Other forms of contact direct from Learners such as for replacement Certificates, complaints, enquiries and Appeal
Personal Data provided to us by our Centres or Learners as part of our service provision will be processed only in accordance with the provision of those services and no such data will be used for the benefit of Qualifications Network.
Personal Data is any information which could potentially make an individual identifiable and can include, but may not be limited to, your name, address, date of birth, email address and IP address.
Our Website and Cookies
Who manages our website?
The content of our website is owned and edited by inhouse by Qualifications Network. Our Website in Hosted in the UK by a company based in New Zealand, who are compliant with he GDPR.
Website usage information
No information is gathered on visitors to our website, unless it is a registered user who also logs in to the secure section of the website. Where you are a registered user of our website and have logged in, we may collect web usage information to enable us to build a demographic profile or to improve the services you have requested from us.
Cookies are small pieces of data given to your browser by a website which may be stored as text files in the cookie directory of your computer. Cookies are not programs and cannot collect information from your computer. They do not damage your computer and are defined as “a piece of text stored on a user’s computer by their web browser. A cookie can be used for authentication, storing site preferences, shopping cart contents, the identifier for a server-based session, or anything else that can be accomplished through storing text data” (source: Wikipedia, 2011).
Further information about cookies
You then need to go to “Advanced”, then “Privacy and Security”, then “Content Settings” and “Cookies” and choose the most appropriate setting for yourself.
For further information about cookies, please refer to:
Third party content and linking to other websites
Information sharing and disclosure
We do not transfer your personal data outside of the UK and the European Economic Area.
Retention of Data
Personal Data will always be held for the minimum amount of time required. This will depend on a number of factors, such as the terms and length of a contract or a relevant law or regulation based on law; for instance, First Aid At Work qualifications expire after 3 years, but the Health & Safety Executive have stated that the details must be held for a minimum of 2 years and 3 months after the expiration date. All data will be deleted a maximum of 12 months after such a period has ended under our data clearance procedures. Personal Data that has been gathered via email, written or telephone enquiries which have not led to further request for services will be held for a maximum of 12 months after the initial contact, unless additional permission is obtained from the Data Subject or a contract for services is brought into force in the interim.
Electronic Personal Data is encrypted and held in a secure manner on physical and cloud-based servers. The encryption used meets all current requirements for encrypted services and is updated regularly to ensure that it remains fit for purpose. Electronic data is deleted following a secure process to ensure there is no lapse in security at the point of deletion.
Paper based Personal Data is held in secure cabinets. It is destroyed under contract with a secure data destruction company.
Under current legislation, Data Subjects have the following rights:
- To be informed – This policy is one of ways in which QNUK informs you how and why we process your data
- Of Access – All Data Subjects have the right to quest access to all of the data we hold on them. Any Data Subject requests received will be reviewed and responded to within one calendar month of receipt of the request. Most requests will be fulfilled free of charge, however, QNUK reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee for any requests deemed to be excessive, unfounded or repetitive.
- Of rectification – Should you find that any data we hold about you is incorrect, you can ask us to correct it and we will investigate and respond within one calendar month of receipt of the request.
- Of Erasure – You can ask for your Personal Data to be erased permanently. All such requests will be responded to within one calendar month of the receipt of a request. Please note that, whilst we will always endeavour to fulfil requests, there may be some instances were this is not possible due to legal or regulatory reasons. We will always provide a full explanation in any such instances.
- To restrict processing – If you do not wish for your data to be erased, you may ask for it to be restricted so that we continue to hold it but not process it or use it in any way – we would essentially ‘archive’ your data. This is only applicable in certain circumstances, however we will look at all requests and respond within one calendar month of the receipt of a request.
- To data portability – All electronically held data can be transferred to another company in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format on request. Please note that this will only include the data you have provided to us and not any ancillary data produced as a result of the services we have created during the provision of our services or where that data includes information regarding a third party. All requests for moving data will be responded to within one calendar month of a request being received.
- To Object – You can object to our processing data for the purposes of marketing, scientific/ historical research and statistics, or legitimate interests or in the performing of a task in the public interest /exercise of official authority (including profiling). All such requests shall be responded to within one calendar month
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling – The GDPR sets out specific rights in relation to automated decision making. Please note that QNUK does not use any form of automated decision making system whilst processing your data.
- To complain – You have the right to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your data or our response to a request under the above rights. As part of this, you also have the right to escalate your complaint to a supervisory authority. In respect of data handling, you have the right to escalate your complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO). Please go to https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/raising-concerns/ for full details
Data Subjects have the right to withdraw their consent to our processing their data at any time.
In respect of any of the rights indicated above, if you would like to make a request, require further information, or have a complaint regarding our processing of your data please contact us at:
Qualifications Network Limited
First Floor Offices
86A Lancaster Rd
Telephone: 020 3795 0559
Changes to this policy