QNUK Level 3 Certificate for Working as a
Close Protection Operative within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
Qualifications Network is an Awarding Organisation with SIA approval to offer licence linked qualifications
Qualification number: 603/6805/6
Guided learning hours: 140 hours
Total Qualification time: 170 hours
Credit value: 17
Who is this for?
This qualification is intended for learners who work or want to work as Close Protection Operators in the Private Security Industry and require an SIA Licence to Practice.
This qualification is aimed at learners 18 years and over who are able to undertake the responsibilities of a Close Protection Operative.
Due to the nature of the role of a Close Protection Operative, in the course of their work it is likely they will be required to make calls to the emergency services or need to communicate to resolve conflict. It is therefore essential that Close Protection Operatives are able to communicate effectively.
All assessment must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh as appropriate. Centres must ensure that learners have sufficient language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
As a guide, learners should as a minimum have language skills equivalent to the following:
- a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1.
Learners should be able to work at level 2 and above, in addition must be able to meet the training provider set health and physical requirements for the Close Protection practical elements of units 1 and 2 (please discuss with your training provider prior to commencement on this qualification)
It should be advised that when applying for an SIA Licence part of the process includes a criminality check (DBS). It is recommended that learners with concerns should use the Criminal Record Indicator available on the SIA website prior to enrolling for this qualification to ascertain if they are likely to achieve licenced status.
Progression route: Learners may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 2 Award for working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award for the First Person on Scene (International) (RQF)
Find a centre: To find a centre that offers this qualification in your area, please contact us
More: for more information about this qualification, download the Qualification Specification
Looking to deliver this qualification?
QNUK Centres click here to extend your recognition
Not yet a QNUK centre? Click here to become a centre