QNUK Level 2 Award for Working as a
Security Officer within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
Qualifications Network is an Awarding Organisation with SIA approval to offer licence linked qualifications
Qualification number: 603/6803/2
Guided learning hours: 19 hours
Total Qualification time: 28 hours
Credit value: 3
Who is this for?
This qualification will provide the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary for those working, or interested in working, as a Security Officer within the Private Security Industry and require an SIA Licence to Practice. The qualification will support a role in the workplace.
This qualification is aimed at learners 18 years and over who are able to undertake the responsibilities of a Security Officer.
Due to the nature of the role of a Security Officer, in the course of their work it is likely they will be required to make calls to the emergency services or need to communicate to resolve conflict. It is therefore essential that Security Officers are able to communicate effectively.
All assessment must be conducted in the medium of English and/or Welsh as appropriate. Centres must ensure that learners have sufficient language skills before putting the learners forward for assessment.
As a guide, learners should as a minimum have language skills equivalent to the following:
- a B1 level qualification on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications
- an ESOL qualification at (Level 1) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland
- an ESOL qualification at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English
- SQA Core Skills in Communication at Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework level 5
- Essential Skills Wales Communication Level 1
There are no other pre-requisites for this qualification. However, learners should be able to work at level 1 and above.
It should be advised that when applying for an SIA Licence part of the process includes a criminality check (DBS). It is recommended that learners with concerns should use the Criminal Record Indicator available on the SIA website prior to enrolling for this qualification to ascertain if they are likely to achieve licenced status.
Progression route: Learners may progress onto the following qualifications:
- QNUK Level 2 Award for working as a Door Supervisor within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
- QNUK Level 2 Award for Working as a CCTV Operator (Public Space Surveillance) within the Private Security Industry (RQF)
Find a centre: To find a centre that offers this qualification in your area, please contact us
More: for more information about this qualification, download the Qualification Specification
Looking to deliver this qualification?
QNUK Centres click here to extend your recognition
Not yet a QNUK centre? Click here to become a centre